DVblueprint Methodology

Our differentiator: process + tools

DVblueprint Methodology represents the summation of DVmobile's skills, knowledge, and experiences. We bring years of Enterprise know-how together with the best emerging technologies, and marry that with exceptional UX Design to create disruptive breakthroughs. We consciously make Design not one step, but a constant that assures the best User Experience (UX) throughout the lifecycle. 

Because technology changes so fast, we have learned to adapt and stay focused on solutions that improve our clients' business and their customers' quality of life.  This is the DVmobile mission — and the starting point for our most successful solutions.

Origins of our Process

Our process leverages years of collective software development and project management experience.  It embraces proven methodologies and utilizes our passion to continually improve them.  We have utilized source elements from diverse fields, including Manufacturing, Continuous Delivery, Industrial Design and Design Thinking, abstracting key elements and incorporating them to our own experience, called "DVblueprint Methodology".


The following sources represent key elements of our methodology:

  • Design.  Holistic and Empathic Design principles, based upon User-Centered Design and Design Thinking, focusing on the user’s emotions and providing better user experiences. These stem from Stanford University and IDEO's approach to Industrial Design, the development of mass-produced physical consumer products.


  • Quality.  Total Quality Management (TQM) as defined by W. Edwards Deming (the father of quality).  In particular, focusing on improvement of the System, including the 15/85 rule, where the first 15% of the project focuses on getting the vision, design and user experience right; all of which benefits and helps ensure the remaining 85% is successful! 


  • People First.  We are a big believer in the human aspect of technology development, making people and relationships first priority.  As a Team, we incorporate our collective experience and ability to lead, adapt, and continuously meet if not exceed our clients’ business goals.
design thinking areas technology business human falues

Empathic UX Design

While Development is usually the ruling element of a conventional approach, our lead is Empathic Design. Throughout our Process, Design is not a step, but a constant. This puts the end User Experience (UX) and all stakeholders first. It is the powerful driving element that gives meaning to technical and project specific objectives, and shapes overall success.

Our Empathic Design principles are based on User-Centered Design and Design Thinking, a methodology for implementing innovative solutions based on the real needs of people.

We have taken the 5 conventional steps of Design Thinking and related them to phases of Agile software development in order to bridge the gap between designers and engineers, as the iterative process takes place through the DVmobile Process phases of Inception, Construction, and Transition.

empathic design 5 steps and agile development

Compare each step of Design as it follows similar goals in parallel to Agile; from accurately capturing the initial requirements by active listening and discovery — to prototyping and measuring how far is the proposed solution from the center of the target.

The following diagram explains each step further as it follows the example of the development process for a Voice-activated Home Automation iOS app. 

user experience step 1 empathize
user experience step 2 define
user experience step 3 ideate
user experience step 4 prototype
user experience step 5 measure

design thinking process post it notes on window

Without a doubt, modern software development is unimaginable without design thinking. At DVmobile we continue to polish our design expertise and embrace the "designer's attitude", employing empathy, teamwork, and quick failure to learn more about our clients, stakeholders, and end users.

Contact us to learn more about how we can implement Empathic Design for your project and build an extraordinary User Experience.